St Peter’s is a Fairtrade Church
- This means we have agreed to:
- Use Fairtrade tea and coffee after services and in all meetings for which we have responsibility
- Move forward on using other Fairtrade products such as sugar, biscuits and fruit
- Promote Fairtrade during Fairtrade Fortnight and during the year through events, worship and other activities whenever possible
Regular Fairtrade stalls
We are usually in Church the second Sunday in every month. This means we will not be trying to clear up the stall in a hurry before Matins starts and will be available for people who attend Communion at 10am.
The dates for the rest of the year when we’ll be in church are:
- We sell a big range of goods including:
- Teas, coffees and biscuits
- Sugars, cocoa and hot chocolate
- Delicious chocolate bars and other sweets
- Bamboo socks – soft, comfy and very popular!
- Lovely greetings cards for all occasions – some hand-made
- Gift ideas – or to treat yourself – such as small ornaments, scarves and jewellery
- Small toys
We also stock seasonal items such as Christmas cards and wrapping paper and we often have goods on special offer
Do come and browse. Let us know if there’s anything you would like us to try to source for you or if you would like a regular order for anything.
We can always provide goods for refreshments at Church events, sometimes with a bulk discount. Just ask us!
We take orders for The Meaningful Chocolate Company’s Easter Eggs and Advent Calendars
We celebrated ‘Fairtrade Fortnight’ by giving away home-made muffins, made with Fairtrade ingredients. Voluntary donations made enabled us to send £40.00 to Traidcraft for their work so thank you very much to everyone who donated. If you enjoyed the muffins, and would like to make them yourself the recipes are on the Muffins page.
Our goods come from Shop Equality, a really super shop in Eastleigh which is well worth a visit but, be warned, you won’t leave empty-handed!
Fairtrade in Diocese of Portsmouth:
(External links open in a new window)