Our weekly Prayer Diary gives a particular topic to include in your prayers during this week.
19 August 2018
The Collect for the Twelfth Sunday after Trinity
Almighty and everlasting God,
you are always more ready to hear than we are to pray
and to give more than either we desire or deserve:
pour down upon us the abundance of your mercy,
forgiving us those things of which our conscience is afraid
and giving us those good things
which we are not worthy to ask
but through the merits and mediation
of Jesus Christ your Son our Lord,
who is alive and reigns with you,
in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
one God, now and for ever.
St John the Evangelist, Fareham
|Priest in Charge||:||Bruce Deans|
|Readers||:||Christine Ahern, Ian Cranstone, Caroline Deans,
Alan Ferrier, Jeremy Hicks, Jo-Anne Newton,
Jeannette Poulter and Brian Powell
|Churchwardens||:||Ian Cranstone and Elizabeth Webb|
Please join them in giving thanks for:
- the success of another “Great Give-away Day”, when items of value were given away in the community;
- Bruce’s sabbatical, and for the ways in which it has benefited both Bruce and his family;
- the leaders of the children’s church team for all their commitment and endeavour and for a restful August.
Please join them in praying for:
- all involved in the Fareham College Pastors initiative starting in the Autumn term;
- the process of finding a suitable partner organisation in developing the proposed Debt Centre;
- inspirational all-age services throughout August.
A Collect for St Peter’s Church
thank you for our church and its people.
Fill us with your Holy Spirit,
so that our church may flourish;
help us to see you in everyone we meet;
and fill our lives with your praise;
through Jesus Christ our Lord.
A Prayer for the Victims of Modern Slavery
Lord of the lost,
we pray for all who are victims of modern day slavery:
people lured from their homes and families;
people deceived while trying to find a better life;
people who are desperate to trust anyone.
Help us to be more vigilant and watchful;
to be aware of those who may need our help,
and those who do not know where help may lie.
You can also view the Just Pray site for prayers requests from others