Our weekly Prayer Diary gives a particular topic to include in your prayers during this week.
14 October 2018
The Collect for the Twentieth Sunday after Trinity
God the giver of life,
whose Holy Spirit wells up within your Church:
by the Spirit’s gifts equip us to live the gospel of Christ and make us eager to do your will,
that we may share wit the whole creation
the joys of eternal life;
through Jesus Christ your Son our Lord,
who is alive and reigns with you,
in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
one God, now and for ever.
Deanery Prayers this week
|Licensed Clergy||:||Amy Adeniran and Sandy Matheson|
|Churchwardens||:||Vikki Potts and Jo Vartan|
They invite us to join them in giving thanks to God for:
- the warm welcome given by the whole community to Amy Adeniran as their new Pioneer Minister;
- the enthusiastic response to an appeal to knit and crochet poppies for Remembrance Day;
- their growing connections with the two primary schools in Whiteley.
Please pray with them for:
- successful follow up to their popular Harvest Festival worship and lunch;
- Amy, as she gets to know and be known better by the congregation and by the wider local community;
- deepening conversations with Messy Church families.
A Collect for St Peter’s Church
thank you for our church and its people.
Fill us with your Holy Spirit,
so that our church may flourish;
help us to see you in everyone we meet;
and fill our lives with your praise;
through Jesus Christ our Lord.
A Prayer for the Victims of Modern Slavery
Lord of the lost,
we pray for all who are victims of modern day slavery:
people lured from their homes and families;
people deceived while trying to find a better life;
people who are desperate to trust anyone.
Help us to be more vigilant and watchful;
to be aware of those who may need our help,
and those who do not know where help may lie.
You can also view the Just Pray site for prayers requests from others